Wednesday 9 April 2014

What can't you see?



Under The Microscope!

What can you see under the microscope M12? We have been thinking about the germs that live around us, for our inquiry. Thank you Karin for bringing the microscopes and the magnifying glasses into our class so we could see a fascinating unseen world through new eyes. We looked at seaweed and the organisms that begin life in the sea. They were squirming and wriggling with life!

I didn't quite know what to expect but when I saw the sea sponge under the microscope I was AMAZED! Seeing things close up made me want to see more. I was really excited to see lots of different samples of sea life under the microscope, it was like seeing a whole new world! Max & Roan




I never knew that I could see something so close up! It was really cool to see our sea life samples close up in a way that you couldn't see with just your eyes. We thought that the samples looked really amazing and giant sized under the microscope - we thought that was awesome. Milla & Ashley




I loved looking at the Paramecium swimming in the test tube. I thought it was amazing that you could only see them with a microscope. Everything looked really different under the microscope. It was unbelievable! I felt lucky because not many people get to see this. Mia & Sacha




I thought it was amazing how different the sea sponge looked under the microscope, it looked like it had veins and nerves! The brown sea sponge looked big and squiggly and amazing under the microscope. I definitely want to see more! Timothy & Noah
I wanted to see everything, it was all AMAZING! I really enjoyed looking at the Paramecium - it was like, you look at the test tube and there is nothing there, but when I looked at them under the microscope they were like wriggling, swimming rice bubbles. I thought they were EPIC, it was like a whole new world. The sea sponge looked like it was made out of lots of tiny little stiff strings under the microscope. Rory & Cameron
The sea sponge looked like a lot of strings all tangled together, the colour was gross. The red seaweed looked odd, like it had lots of veins. The Paramecium looked like lots of tiny little fish, and were really cute! Kate & Lucinda





I like looking at the dark green seaweed under the microscope, it looked like lots of small bones. There were lots of different colors to see. The sea sponge had lots of big holes with little dark things in-between. The Paramecium looked like like little tadpoles, and were really cool. They looked like orange little fishes, and you couldn't see their eyes! Noam & Catie
The sea sponge looked really fuzzy & cheesy, with lots of air tunnels. It looked like the type of sponge that you wash the dishes with. The Paramecium were like invisible tadpoles until I looked at them under the microscope. The seaweed looked looked really strange when it was really close up, because I am not used to seeing it like that. Stevie, Keagan, Finn


We were looking at the beginnings of life in the sea. It looked like little blobs of clear glass. "Wow!" It was cool seeing what it looked like up close because it looked so much different from what water looks like! It was wriggling like a teeny tiny worm! Mia, Kaelin


I looked at lots of different seaweed under the magnifying glass. They were all different sizes and shapes. You could see lots of lines tangled up together. Some lines were thick and some were skinny and one even had the same shape as a tree! They were all different colours like brown, green and red with white.   I thought it was very interesting! Kaelin
I looked at the sea sponge. It was yellow and blobby under the microscope. I could see lots of little tunnels going through it. It really interesting! Keagan
We looked at the red squiggly dried up seaweed under the magnifying glass. You could see all the sharp edges. I wonder what it looks like if you look even closer under the microscope?

Thanks Karin, for helping us write our blurbs and letting us use the microscopes! It was so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like they all had fun. It makes me want to look through the microscope too.

    ReplyDelete